ESB’s Your Milestone Competition is now open for entries!￼Oct 21, 2022
ESB is thrilled to launch our ‘Your Milestone’ Competition!
What better way to celebrate our own special milestone –70th anniversary in 2023 – than by giving our learners the opportunity to showcase their skills and talent.
The competition is open to all Speech and ESOL learners and we encourage them to enter and to get involved. It is not necessary for learners to have completed their assessment prior to entering.
Learners will simply need to create and video themselves delivering their spoken piece (in the form of a speech/poem/rap/piece of drama/story) about an important milestone in their life. The spoken piece should last no longer than 3 minutes.
Learners can submit their video entries from one of the following six categories:
- Speech (KS1&2)
- Speech (KS3)
- Speech (KS4&5)
- Speech SEND
- ESOL Entry Level
- ESOL Level 1 & 2
In addition to sharing and marketing your centres’ achievements on our digital networks, we will also be awarding a £50.00 voucher for 1st prize winners and a £25.00 voucher for 2nd prize winners within each category. All learners who receive a Highly Commended Award will also receive a certificate highlighting their accomplishment.
Centres whose learners are awarded the first prize will also have the additional bonus of receiving a £40.00 voucher.
The competition will:
- Be a great way to gain recognition and social media exposure for your centre as we will be featuring winners’ videos across all our media channels, including our Website, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Hone your learners’ communication skills in a fun and competitive environment.
- Motivate learners and your centre and improve their confidence.
- Give learners the opportunity to enhance their public speaking skills, helping them to excel both within and out of school, giving them a sense of self pride.
- Enable learners to reflect on their achievements to date – promoting positivity and wellbeing.
How to enter?
Please send in your video (taken on a mobile phone is perfectly acceptable) together with your Application Form to ESB’s Communications Officer, Cassie Anderson at email@example.com.
The closing date for submission of entries is Friday 27th January 2023.
Please feel free to download, share and print the poster and display around your centre for all learners to see!