Book your assessments – Speech International
ESB International offers both face-to-face and remote online assessment options for its Speech International centres who are based outside of the UK.
If you are a centre based outside the UK and you’re preparing to book your speech assessments, you have come to the right page.
How do I book my oracy assessments outside of the UK?
Are international oracy assessments face-to-face or online?
Face-to-face assessments must be registered onto the ESB database. There is a minimum advanced booking period of 3 months.
Remote online assessments
Remote online assessments must be registered onto the ESB database and send an email to our Customer Experience Team requesting a remote, online booking. There is a 28-day minimum advanced booking period.
Assessment bookings are registered onto the ESB database. The details required are the assessment date(s), expected number of learners and the qualifications/levels that are being taken.
What travel expenses are my centre responsible for during face-to-face assessments?
- The centre/organiser is responsible for all internal travel (including collection from and delivery to the airport/port/international train station), accommodation and hospitality costs for each assessor.
- ESB International is responsible for flight/travel costs from the UK to arrival in the host country.
- All travel arrangements need to be confirmed no later than 3 months prior to the start of the assessment period.
If you would like more information about fees for our Speech International qualifications, please contact our Business Development Team.
Can I alter my booking after it has been made?
- Prior to the assessment date, centres can make changes subject to the rules built into the ESB database hub. Significant changes that require the reassignment of assessors may not be possible and a Change of Booking Date fee may be chargeable. Cancellation fees may apply if a booking is cancelled at short notice. Please refer to our Prices page for a full list of amendment and cancellation fees.
- Please note that assessors have no right to sanction changes and cannot enter learners on the day of the assessment or change the level at which they have been entered. This also applies to accepting learners who were absent on a previous occasion through sickness.
- I have organised the assessor’s travel arrangements 3 months in advance of the assessment. I have been in touch with the assessor(s) to confirm travel arrangements for the day. Assessors’ details can be found in the ‘Details’ tab of the Booking. (Face-to-face only)
- I have been in touch with the assessor(s) to confirm the video conferencing details. I have carried out a practice with the assessor 24 hours before the assessment. Assessors’ details can be found in the ‘Details’ tab of the Booking. (Remote online only)
- I have sent a copy of the learner topic lists to the assessor(s) in advance of the assessment. Topic lists include the learner’s name, ID, and items of their assessment (book, poem etc). This information must be sent securely (e.g. WeTransfer)
- I have created a running order of the assessment and shared this with the assessor(s).
- I have uploaded my learners’ names and details and any reasonable adjustments to the database at least 24 hours before the start of the assessment.
- I have ensured that all learners over the age of 18 have provided photo identification and this has been verified as an official proof of identify. The centre must be able to confirm that the learner submitting the ID is the same person as the one sitting the assessment.
- I have ensured that a responsible adult from my centre’s staff is available to sit in on assessments for under 18s or vulnerable adults. Find out more on our Safeguarding page.